I’ve started a new project called stackquery-dashboard. Basically, it’s a web interface to show reports about user contribution in OpenStack, using the stackalytics.com API and part of the code from launchpadstats from Martina Kollarova.
The first reason I start this project is because stackalytics.com only shows reports for each user, and sometimes managers in companies working with OpenStack, need a overview of all their employees at once, and it’s kinda boring to look for each user and then mount a spreadsheet.
The project have a Web interface, where you can create teams, assign users for these teams and generate reports based on several OpenStack projects (actually, right now it’s only Openstack and Stackforge).
The second reason is because for a long time I wanted to use Python for web, and it was a good opportunity to start.
Flask is really amazing and very easy to learn. I read this book and in one day I was already doing some cool stuff.
The project is very simple, and still in the earlier stages. I’m not sure if it will be useful for anyone, but if is, please, let me know. I would be glad to hear about it.
- I need to work on the unit tests (yes, I started the project before create the unit tests, but I’ll fix it soon)
- More API’s
- More types of reports
- Make the project work with modules so you can have modules enabled for other types of reports
- Create a config file
- Save the state in the forms between posts
- Better message system when delete, update and create teams, users, projects, etc.
- Can’t think anything else for now.
And if you’re interested, here’s a few screenshots: